Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 3 - 01/04-01/10/2009

It is amazing to love someone so much when you have only seen them through an ultrasound!!! Avan is just perfect! Everyday I smile and just hold him close. He gave me his first real smile on 01/05! I guess most babies smile at mommy first, since they know her voice best. He is just beautiful. When we go out so many people come up to us and say how beautiful he is and how they mention other babies are just not that cute. It is really nice! I pumped all week so that Nick's mom can offer him a small bottle. All books say to wait 3 weeks before offering a breastfed baby a bottle. So I want to make sure that happens. I really don't want to ruin breastfeeding since it is really going well. The soreness is starting to ease up and it is just nice to be so close and bonded! On the 10th Nick gave Avan his very first bottle. It was only an oz and then I nursed him after. I chose to do small amounts and then once he doesn't want the breast afterwards, I figure that is how I will know how much he takes. It went great! I was amazed as you read about how baby just plain refuses it. He didn't he took it like a champ and didn't seem affected at all at the difference! It was so cute seeing Nick hold the tiny bottle up to Avan's mouth! So precious!!! I can't believe is is already 3 weeks old!

The Future American Idol

The Future American Idol

First Tummy Time Experience

Attempting the very first Tummy Time!

So tiny

So tiny!

I do all my own stunts

I do all my own stunts!!!!

The full outfit

The Full outfit!

Yummy

First bottle by daddy

The first Bottle, given by daddy! Avan doesn't mind at all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment