Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 20 - 05/03 - 05/09/2009

This week was a busy week! Since we picked up the high chair on Saturday we chose to start solids. I know originally we wanted to wait but eating every hour day and night for 2 weeks was a bit much. Since his ped approved it at 4 months, we went ahead and tried. We first gave him a spoon to play with and he didn't seem to want that for much long. Then we tried breastmilk on the spoon, he ate about every other bite or so. Then once he seemed to master that we started Cereal. I found the coolest website from the blog girls on making my own food. So I made the brown rice cereal! We tried that on Sunday the 3rd. He loved it! On the 6th we made avocodos and oh my, that is by far his favorite thing ever! He gobbled it right up. Daddy couldn't give it faster! I assumed he would enjoy it, I did eat avocodos daily while pregnant! We then noticed he is fully grasping toys and such this week! It is wonderful!!! Everyday he learns something new! I love making the food! I make what ever it is in a big batch and freeze it into these ice cube trays with lids. They measure 1 oz cubes. Once frozen I pop them out and put them in ziploc bags and date them! Then for each meal he can get a cube or two! Wonderful and easy! Very nutrtious and I know exactly what he is getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment