Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 11 - 03/01 - 03/07/2009

Avan had is first big daddy day on the 1st. For my Birthday I had a complete spa package. I got an hour massage, a 45-minute facial, a fancy lunch, spa pedi and mani! It was wonderful and pampering. Nick enjoyed a man movie and hot wings with his friend Tommy while they took care of Avan. Avan did great, ate his bottles up and took naps! I got home and was completely rejuvanated! On March 2nd we had our first snow day with Avan. I don't think he enjoyed it but he didn't cry either. We dressed him in a snowsuit we got from Becky and took a ton of pictures. It was so much fun! We hope next year he enjoys it more! On March 4th we went to the doctor, Avan and I. He had his 2 month check up. He weighed in at 12lbs and 13ozs and 23 3/4 inches big! The nurse tech was shocked at how he just sat there in my arms. Avan's head control I guess is awesome for his age. The tech also commented on how happy he was. In the ped office all you hear is crying little ones. When we saw the ped she was very pleased at Avan's progress. She examined him and talked to him, then he cooed and talked back. She told him he was a 2-month old acting like a 4-month old. That made me feel wonderful! I didn't realize he was ahead at all. She suggested we do tummytime on our chests just until he gets used to it. Then to use the boppy. For the shots it was awful! I cried right along with him. Avan cried louder then I had ever heard him before, it was awful! I don't want to ever hear that cry again. He was soo mad! Thankfully he didn't run a fever or have any reactions! He got 3 shots which included one that is taken orally. Saturday the 7th we had another date night. Ms Linda took him for a few hours. We went to my favorite The Melting Pot! YUMMY! It was so romantic and quiet. Afterwards, we decided to go to Sam's Club. Wow it was soo nice to relax in a store and not rush. Not that Avan isn't good, but sometimes it seems a tad stressful. It was great! We picked up his wipes and diapers and then went to get him. Ms Linda enjoyed having him and playing! It was a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment