Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week 2 - 12/28-01/03/2009

Having Nick's mom here has been wonderful. Just visiting and enjoying Nick's leave period. Nick was able to take 2 weeks of leave. On New Year's Eve December 31st we had an appt for Avan. A weight check and just how is everything going type of thing. He weighed in at 7lbs and 11ozs and 21 inches big! Gained a whole pound and an inch! Woohoo! Doc said everything looks good and things are how they are suppose to be! Avan eats every 2-3 hours day and night. He has started to squeak and snort when he gets upset, so precious! He gets really annoyed when he needs to sneeze or yawn, so funny. He also is a noisey eater and makes mmm mmm noises while nursing. He is 100% breastfed now. Just the formula those first few hours. So glad we are done with that! Before leaving the hospital I learned the tricks to tightly swaddling, which Avan prefers. He likes to be nice and snug. On New Year's Day Avan's umbilical cord fell off, which means bathtime! We gave him his first real bath on the 2nd, which he HATED! He screammed the whole time! I felt awful, but wow is it good to get him nice and clean! Smells so nice and fresh! We all are sleeping pretty good. Still getting adjusted to waking every few hours and nursing, which is quite painful. But luckily the Lacation Consultant gave me these amazing gel pads that help me heal quickly. Grandma is enjoying burping and folding itty bitty clothes! So cute!

Awww Nick makes the perfect Daddy

Aww Nick looks like a natural at being Daddy to Avan!

Monkey outfit

Thanks Jessica for the Secret Stork gifts! LOVE the monkeys!

Mickey Mouse

Every baby needs some Mickey Mouse! Thanks Latronda and Jordan for the wonderful gifts for both Avan and I!!!! Extra diapers and pedi set is always a must for a mommy!

Studying Grandma

Studying Grandma so much!

Ready to get my 2 week check up

Ready for my 2-Week Check up! December 31st! I weighed in at 7lbs and 11ozs!!! 21 inches big! Getting bigger already!

The stuff across the lake

Santa's Land

Santa and his reindeer

New Years Eve checking out the Newport News Park for the wonderful light show!

Midnight

Avan exactly at Midnight :)

After Grandma got me ready to celebrate the New Year

Grandma got me all ready for New Years!

I hate baths!  Avan's first real bath

Avan's real first bath! January 2nd!!! The day after his umbilical cord fell off! Boy did he HATE every moment of the bath!

Daddy saved me!

Daddy took over and cuddled me up till I fell asleep!

So precious

A great picture after a big feeding! Avan sleeps wonderfully after getting a full tummy! I can see him fattening up in this picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment